What Is Iit
Eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Mains
1) A Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination:
- Compulsory subjects that the candidate must have studied- Physics and Mathematics
- Optional subjects that the candidate must have studied should include any one of following- Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology
- A minimum of 50% in total (including all subjects) must have been secured
2) Date of Birth:
- Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1990
- In case of SC/ST/PwD, Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1985
Also, note that the Date of Birth as mentioned in the Secondary Education Board certificate will be taken into account.
3) Year of Passing Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates must have passed their Class XII examination (or other qualifying examination) in 2013 or 2014 OR even students who are appearing for their Class XII examination in 2015 are eligible. Only the year in which the student has written his/her first 10+2 examination, will be taken into consideration for e.g. the Candidates who have appeared for the first time in 2012 and failed and have passed in 2013 are NOT eligible
- Candidates must have studied at least five subjects in their Class XII or other qualifying exam( not applicable for candidates who have passed their Class XII or Equivalent in 2013 or 2014, even if they are appearing for improvement in 2015)
- Candidates who have studied four subjects are not eligible
4) Number of Allowed attempts:
- A maximum of 3 attempts per candidate will be allowed, provided the eligibility criteria are met.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Advanced
5) The candidate must be among the top 1, 50,000 (including all categories) in JEE (Main) 2015. The percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories are:
- GEN(from the common rank list)- 50.5%
- PwD(includes dyslexic candidates also)- 3% horizontal reservation
- A maximum of two attempts can be made and that too in consecutive years, which means that JEE(Advanced) 2015 should either be the candidate’s first or the second consecutive attempt
- The Candidate should have appeared for the Class XII examination or Equivalent for the first time in all the subjects in either 2014 or 2015.
- For candidates who wish to reappear (in case of improvement or because of failure in one or more subjects) for the examination that they had appeared first for in 2014 can do the same in 2015, but will have to reappear in all the subjects.
- Also, candidates who appeared for the first time in 2013 or earlier in their Class XII or equivalent are nogt eligible. However, those whose Class XII or equivalent examination Board Results 2012-13 were declared after June 2013 are eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2015.