What Is Iit
Am I eligible enough to apply for these exams
The Scholars who aspire to get admission to one of the IIT’s and ISM need to go through JEE (Advanced) examination that needs the following eligibility for a candidate to appear in it.
There are five parameters that a candidate appearing in JEE (Adv.) needs to fulfill:
- Performance in JEE (Mains): The candidate should rank among the top 1,50,000 (all categories) candidates in the JEE (Mains). Due to a reservation for OBC and SC/ST, a total of 75,750 candidates is from General Category among which there are 2,272 differently-able candidates. 40,500 OBC candidates (including PwD), 22,500 for SC candidates and 11,250 candidates of ST.
- Age criterion: The DOB of the candidate should not of after October1, 1990 (General, OBC Non-creamy layer) and after October 1, 1985 (SC, ST and PwD category).
- Attempts: JEE(Advanced) provides a candidate a maximum of two attempts, and these two should be in consecutive years. Thus; any year’s JEE (Advanced) should be either the candidate’s first attempt or the second consecutive attempt that is, the last attempt.
- Class XII examination: The candidates should have passed the class XII (or equivalent) examination in the same year as of appearing in the JEE(Advanced) exam or an year before it (if the result is declared after June). The candidates, which re-appear for the class XII (or equivalent) examination as they failed in one or more subject, need to take the exam of all the subjects.
- Admission at IITs or ISM: The candidate should not have taken admission earlier in any of the IIT’s/ ISM irrespective of the fact, whether he/she continued with the course or not. Candidates whose admission has been cancelled are also not eligible.
Any candidate who has been admitted to any of the preparatory courses of the IITs can get admission.For appearing in JEE (Mains), a candidate should have qualified/appearing in the examination of class XII, with at least 5 subjects in the qualifying examination. The candidates giving re-exam of class XII should appear in all the 4/5 subjects. It should also be noted that the total marks obtained in class XII are required in JEE (Mains) and JEE (Advanced). And, the most important point is that a candidate are only allowed to give 3 attempts in JEE (Mains).