What Is Bank Po
Banks under IBPS
Various banks that benefit from IBPS’s services are:
1) Allahabad Bank :- It is a nationalized bank founded in 1865 in Allahabad and has entered in its 150 years of establishment on 24 April 2014. Its headquarters are in Kolkata, India. Rakesh Sethi is the current CEO of this bank. It was the first bank that came as the joint stock in India.
2) Andhra Bank :- It is a public sector bank of medium size. According to the information collected on 31st March 2015, it has total network of 2507 branches, 38 satellite offices, 15 extension counters and 2232 Automated Teller Machines. It was founded in 1923 in Andhra Pradesh. Current CEO is Sri C V R Rajendran. It has been ranked No.1 in terms number of life insurance policies generated.
3) Bank of Baroda :- Headquartered in Vadodara (Gujarat, India), this bank provides various banking and financial services and is owned by Indian state.Its CEO is Ranjan Dhawan. It was founded in 1908 by Sayajirao Gaekwad III. It has been stated 2nd largest bank in India after State Bank of India and has ranked 801th in Forbes Global 2000 list.
4) Bank of India :- Headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, it was founded in 1906. It is a commercial bank which came under the ownership of government during the nationalization of 1969.Current CEO is Vijayalakshmi R. Iyer. It is also a member of SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Inter Bank Financial Telecommunications) which helps in cost-effective and informative financial processing.
5) Bank of Maharashtra :- Bank of Maharashtra comes under the public sector of India. 81.2% shares of Bank Maharashtra are held by government of India. Its headquarters are in Pune,India and was founded in 1935. Currently, it is serving around 15 million customers within the country.
6) Canara bank :- It is an Indian state owned bank founded in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. Its headquarters are in capital of Karnataka, Bengaluru.It is one of the oldest among other founded banks and was nationalized in 1969, during the nationalization. Current CEO is Pradyuman Singh Rawat. The bank also has its offices in foreign countries, Moscow, New York, Shanghai, London, Dubai, Hong Kong and Dubai.
7) Central Bank of India :- It is one among the largest commercial banks of India. Owned by government, it is also one of oldest banks. Based in the financial capital of India, Mumbai it also has its offices in Hong Kong and Nairobi. It was founded in 1911 by Pherozeshah Mehta and Sorabji Pochkhanawala. It also runs a joint venture with Zambian government, Bank of Baroda and Bank of India. It has a total employee base of 42000 people.
8) Corporation Bank :- Headquartered in Mangalore (India), it was founded in 1906. It is a public sector bank with approx 8000 functional units as on January 2015. Current CEO is Shri Sadhu Ram Bansal. It was first started in Udupi out of the reason that there were no financial institute and all the banking was done by rich people only.
9) Dena Bank :- Headquartered in Mumbai and owned by Indian government, it was founded in 1938 In Maharashtra by the family of Devkaran Nanjee. With a total count of around 1739 branches, it is planning to open up 404 new branches. Current CEO is Ashwani Kumar. It was nationalized in 1969 by Indian government.
10) Vijaya Bank :- It is a medium sized bank owned by government of India. One among many nationalized banks, it has a total employee base of around 13700. It was founded in 1931 in Mangaluru by A. B. Shetty. Headquartered are in Bengaluru, Karantaka and current CEO is Kishore Kumar Sansi.
11) Indian Bank :- It was established in 1907 and is owned by Indian state. Headquartered in Chennai, it was founded by S. Rm. M. Annamalai Chettiar. Shri T. M. Bhasin is the current CEO. It is one among the big public sector banks in India with branches abroad in Sri Lanka, Colombo and Singapore. It was nationalized in 1969. It also has 229 correspondent banks.
12) Indian Overseas Bank :- It is one of the big public sector banks in India. With headquarters in Chennai, it has a total branch count of 3350 in India and 8 in abroad. It was founded by R. Koteeswaran in Chennai. It has also a joint venture operating in Malaysia. Online banking service is provided by its own ISO certified IT department.
13) Oriental Bank of Commerce :- It is an India based bank earlier established in Lahore (Pakistan). Its headquarters are in Gurgaon, Haryana. It is a public sector bank founded by Rai Bahadur Lala Sohan Lal in 1943. During partition, it shut down its operations in Pakistan and shifted it registered office from Lahore to Amritsar. Shri Animesh Chauhan is the current CEO.
14) Punjab National Bank :- It was founded by Lala Lajpat Rai in 1894 in Lahore, Pakistan. Based in New Delhi, it has more than 6300 branches across 764 cities. It is one among the Big Four Banks of India and third largest according to accumulated assets. It has also been ranked 248th biggest bank by Bankers Almanac. Gauri Shankar is the current CEO and its headquarters are in New Delhi.
15) Punjab and Sind Bank :- Headquartered in New Delhi, this bank is owned by Indian government. It has 1416 branches out of which 530 are in Punjab only. It was founded in 1908 by Vir Singh. As stated, business per employed person is 14 crore. Sardar Jatinder BIr Singh is current CEO of Punjab and Sind Bank. It was nationalized during the second wave of nationalization which occurred in 1980.
16) Syndicate Bank :- Founded by T M A Pai, Vaman Kudva and Upendra Pai in 1925 in Udupi, it has become one of the greatest commercial banks of India. It was nationalized in 1969. It was earlier known as Canara Industrial and Banking Syndicate Limited. Its headquarters are in Manipal, Karnataka in India.
17) Union Bank of India :- One among the largest banks of India, it is owned by government of India. It was enlisted as a limited company in 1919 in Mumbai and inauguration was done by Mahatma Gandhi. It has been also enlisted on Forbes 2000. It also has its representative offices abroad.
18) United Bank of India :- Headquartered in Kolkata, it provides various financial services and is owned by government of India. It has a three tier setup with a head office, 35 regional offices and 2005 other braches. It was founded in 1950 as a result of merging four Bengali Banks. The RBI helped in forming UBI. P.srinivas is the current CEO.
19) UCO Bank :- United Commercial Bank was founded in 1943 in Kolkata. Majorly owned by government, it is one of the reputed commercial banks of India. It has been ranked 1860 in Forbes list 2000 as data collected on 2014. Ghanshyam Das Birla was the mastermind behind starting this bank.
20) IDBI Bank :- It is a governmentally owned bank , founded in 1964. Industrial Development Bank of India is headquartered in Mumbai and came into existence as an Act of Parliament to provide assistance to growing Indian Industry. In terms of reach, it is the world 10th greatest development bank of the world with 1746 branches and 3000 ATM’s.
21) State Bank of India :- It is a governmentally owned bank, headquartered in Mumbai. It is one among the Biggest Four Banks of India and the oldest commercial bank of the subcontinent. Earlier, it used to be Imperial Bank of India during British times but in 1955, it emerged as the State Bank of India and nationalization was done in 1956. It is india’s multinational bank which serves worldwide customers.